iPhone 11 Pro: Is it good enough to replace a professional video camera?

CNET | 11/8/2019 | Staff
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/uvnZmOBVAf-biJIP0Tm9VSFm5Mw=/2019/11/09/9b000ffe-02e1-48d3-b955-713a4079bd19/bullitt-iphone-11.jpg

The iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro pack incredible cameras, and their pictures have already impressed us in our reviews and our camera tests in San Francisco and Scotland. I've even gone so far as to call the iPhone 11 Pro a DSLR replacement in some shots. But what about for video?

To find out if it can hold its own as a professional video tool, I challenged our sister brand, Carfection, to produce a video shot entirely on the iPhone 11 Pro. This wouldn't be some quick, rough vlog mind you -- Carfection has won numerous awards for its stunning cinematic style, incredible videography talent and high production value. I wanted to see how close the team could get to that same standard using just the iPhone.

Carfection - Challenge - Morning - Heart - New

Carfection accepted the challenge and on a cold, misty morning in the heart of the New Forest National Park in southern England, I met Carfection producers Charlie Rose, George Peck and Drew Stearne, who would be presenting on camera. Our subject was a Ford Mustang Bullitt; a forest-green V8-powered burly muscle car. You can see the video below:

After filming wrapped up, I caught up with Rose to discuss what he thought of the shooting process and how they achieved the finished result. Note that Rose's responses are edited for length and clarity.

Phone

Overall, how did you find the phone?

It was impressive. It's the first time I've had my hands on the iPhone 11 Pro and it's the first time I've tried to do something so in-depth on a phone of any kind. The three cameras gave a lot of versatility.

Times - Something - Something - DSLRs - Panasonic

It was tricky at times because I'm not used to shooting with something so small; I usually use something much bigger -- DSLRs like our Panasonic GH5 or even bigger cameras like our...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: