Whitney Houston's female best friend reveals on camera for the first time about their secret romance

Mail Online | 11/6/2019 | Lauren Fruen;Megan Sheets For The Daily Mail
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/07/00/20696532-0-image-a-29_1573084904160.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/11/06/2345015727396927634/1024x576_MP4_2345015727396927634.mp4

Whitney Houston's closest confidante Robyn Crawford has spoken on camera for the first time about their secret romance, detailing how their relationship became physical in a bombshell new TV interview.

Crawford, 58, is laying bare the intimate details of the fierce friendship the couple shared seven years after the singer's sudden death at 48.

Years - Speculation - Nature - Relationship - Dateline

Ending years of speculation about the nature of their relationship she told Dateline NBC: 'It was during that first summer that we met, was the first time our lips touched. And it wasn't anything planned, it just happened.

'And it felt wonderful. And then, not long after that, we spent the night together. And that evening was the night that we touched. And that just brought us closer.'

Crawford - Decades - Houston - Side - Forthcoming

Crawford has also recounted the more than three decades she spent by Houston's side in her forthcoming memoir A Song For You: My Life with Whitney Houston.

Her book marks the first time she has spoken publicly about her romantic relationship with Houston when they were teenagers in the early 1980s.

Television - Interview - NBC - Time - Romance

And her television interview with NBC is the first time she has spoken about their romance on camera.

In that she added: 'Our friendship was a deep friendship. In the early part of that friendship, it was physical.'

Relationship - Crawford - 'No - Moment - Life

When asked if she was shocked at their relationship becoming physical Crawford replies: 'No, I wasn't surprised. I was in that moment. It was ours. She just came into my life all of a sudden.

'I didn't know how long it was going to last but I was just enjoying the moment. And that's what we did, we just enjoyed it.'

Point - Need - Friendship - Crawford - Excerpt

'I'd come to the point where I felt the need to stand up for our friendship,' Crawford wrote in an excerpt released in this week's issue of People. 'And I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!