ABC Responds To Anchor’s Hot Mic Rant Accusing Network Of Quashing Epstein Coverage

The Daily Caller | 11/5/2019 | Staff
loranseenloranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Amy-Robach-Mount-Sinai-e1572972644344.jpg

https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1191732705559531523

ABC News and anchor Amy Robach issued statements Tuesday distancing themselves from footage of the anchor saying on a hot mic that the network had stonewalled her reporting of Jeffrey Epstein for three years.

“I was upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts didn’t air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence to meet ABC’s editorial standards about her allegations,” Robach said in response to footage released Tuesday morning by a conservative activist group, Project Veritas, of her speaking on a hot mic in late August.

Robach - Nobody - ABC - Reporting - Epstein

Robach also said nobody at ABC had told her to stop reporting on Epstein. “We have continued to aggressively pursue this important story,” she said. ABC News also issued statements alongside Robach saying it plans to leverage its reporting on Epstein to produce a two-hour documentary and a six-part podcast set to release in early 2020.

But Robach’s statement made no mention of her hot mic comments alluding to the strength of her reporting on Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre in 2015, nor did it mention her comments about the fear that her reporting would cause ABC would lose access to people close to Epstein. Robach’s statement also did not address her hot mic comment that she “a hundred percent” believes Epstein was killed.

Everything - Footage - Robach - Interview - Giuffre

“She told me everything,” the leaked footage shows Robach saying of an interview she conducted with Giuffre in 2015. “She had pictures, she had everything. She was in hiding for 12 years....
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!