iPhone camera comparison: iPhone 11 with Deep Fusion vs. iPhone XR

CNET | 11/2/2019 | Staff
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/jXRFSls7s3D_R_aPaU_No2X6Wo8=/756x567/2019/11/01/c8699953-a9d9-4011-aa46-631a9e7e0a15/iphone-11-vs-xr-camera-compare.jpg

The $699 iPhone 11 has dual-rear cameras, Night Mode and Deep Fusion. Last year's iPhone XR is now $599 and has a single rear camera that takes great photos and excellent videos. To find out how much better the photos and videos are from the iPhone 11 and if that extra $100 gets you anything extra for your snaps, I took both phones around San Francisco and put their cameras through the wringer.

My tests revolved around three lighting scenarios: good, medium and low light. Good light, like the sunny outdoors, is when both phones should perform equally, since each has Smart HDR. Medium light, like being indoors, allowed me to try the iPhone 11's new Deep Fusion processing that came out with iOS 13.2. And low light, like inside a bar or on a dark street at night, let me test the iPhone 11's Night Mode.

IPhone - Cameras - IPhone - Camera - Features

If you have an old iPhone and want to upgrade, you're likely considering more than just the cameras (that said the iPhone 11 undoubtedly has a better camera overall). But if features like an ultrawide-angle camera and Night Mode don't interest you, I recommend the iPhone XR. Photos and videos are great and you can use the $100 you save towards Apple Care, a nice case or perhaps even a delicious steak dinner. Read our Apple iPhone XR review.

If you want one of the best cameras on any phone you can buy right now, the iPhone 11 is definitely the way to go. A second rear camera with an ultrawide-angle lens, Night Mode, Deep Fusion produce overall sharper photos and videos that make this phone worth every penny of its $699 price tag. Take a look at these incredible photos we captured of the Scottish Highlands, if you need more convincing. Read our Apple...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!