iPhone 11 Pro's camera makes the Scottish Highlands look unreal

CNET | 10/29/2019 | Staff
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/PcWRylB-nWQANaNXkQMqfOYSRxU=/756x567/2019/10/09/0cee488a-d3c6-4bbe-a150-34695fd6bb1c/moment-photo-8eb4bf09.jpg

CNET considers the iPhone 11 "the best $700 iPhone Apple has ever made." This enthusiasm is largely driven by the phone's camera upgrades and the iPhone 11 Pro's triple-camera array takes that further with the addition of the 2x telephoto lens. It's why I was so excited to jump in a McLaren supercar, head for the wilds of Scotland and see what the iPhone 11 Pro camera can really do. Phone cameras across the board have made exponential strides in recent years -- Google's Pixel 4 and the OnePlus 7 Pro come to mind -- with quality surpassing what the average phone user even needs.

But there's been lots of particular chatter about the iPhone 11 Pro's potential to compete with professional-grade cameras (for video, too). The sweeping roads and dramatic mountains I was heading for were an ideal scene to test out the phone's new super-wide lens.

Car - Choice - McLaren - Spider - Monster

My car of choice was the McLaren 600LT Spider -- a V8-powered monster, capable of doing 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds and with a roof that folds away to let all of that beautiful outside in. It also happened to be bright orange, which I knew would stand out on the road. My route would start in Inverness in the Highlands, heading northwest and following much of the famous North Coast 500 road trip route.

A quick note on my process for these shots before we begin. My plan for this trip was to see how close the iPhone 11 Pro's images can get to my professional Canon EOS 5D MkIV DSLR. For the most part I shot in raw format using the Moment app and processed the images in Lightroom Mobile on the phone itself. As this is how I work with my pro equipment, it seemed the fairest comparison. Keep in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!