Ray Romano expresses concern over state of politically correct comedy

Mail Online | 10/25/2019 | Ryan Parry West Coast Editor For Dailymail.com And James Desborough For Dailymail.com
graceygracey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/23/15/20085834-0-image-a-165_1571839380219.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/25/7078097122153119392/1024x576_MP4_7078097122153119392.mp4

Two of Hollywood's biggest TV comedy stars have expressed their concerns over the state of comedy in today's politically correct world, they exclusively told DailyMailTV.

Three time Emmy winner Ray Romano and SNL alum Kevin Nealon worry that jokesters are losing their livelihoods for 'mistakes' rather than being forgiven or being allowed to make amends.

Pair - Years - Experience - Names - Field

The pair, who boast more than 50 years of experience as leading names in their field, say the landscape of what is deemed acceptable is rapidly narrowing, while many stars choose to steer clear of controversial topics all together now.

Romano, 61, told DailyMailTV: 'If you are talking about just jokes, it is tough. I'm not that kind of comic, but that doesn't mean people are not allowed to do it.

Times - Audience

'But times are different. The audience has to decide what they find acceptable and what they don't.'

Speaking at a red carpet even in Beverly Hills, Romano called on broadcasters and entertainment executives to not fire comics for making mistakes, but instead to allow them to 'learn and comeback.'

'I - Anyone - Career - Joke - Mistake

He explained: 'I don't know if anyone should lose their career over a wrong joke. I think we can make a mistake, come back from it and learn from it.

'Things on TV 30 or 40 years ago, when things were conservative and clean, you really cannot do now.

Mistakes - Change

'Let them learn... let them make mistakes and change... instead of condemning and never letting them perform again.

'We are talking about jokes now, just jokes... not actions. I have never had that. That is not my act.'

Romano - Everybody - Raymond - Days - Stage

Romano, famed for Everybody Loves Raymond, says in his early days on stage he was able to judge what his audience found acceptable.

He said: 'I go blue sometimes, but if I went too (far), I could sense them pulling back, so I learned my strong...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!