Stephen King Recommends the Best New Movie, Show, & Book for This Halloween Season

Collider | 10/23/2019 | Vinnie Mancuso
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/pet-sematary-stephen-king.jpg

I don’t know about you, but I’m relatively sure this Stephen King guy knows horror. The author of, according to Google, “at least 95” novels—almost all of them dealing in the dark, unsettling, and macabre—is one of history’s greatest nightmare-makers. So when Halloween season arrives, you can’t really find a better source for the books, TV shows, and movies you should be watching to get your frights in. Which is exactly what EW did, and the mastermind behind IT and The Shining offered up his #1 movie, TV, and book recommendation for October.

“I love the series that’s on Netflix now, Marianne. It’s a French series and it’s very, very scary,” King said. “There is something in there from Stranger Things, so a little bit of that vibe, and a little bit of the Steve King vibe as well.”

Author - Movie - Rec - Board - Case

Then there’s the author’s movie rec, which I can’t exactly get on board with, but much like the case of Martin Scorsese‘s Marvel movie opinions I’m also not gonna’ tell a master of the craft he’s “wrong”. King recommends the Child’s Play remake, which features Mark Hamill as the voice of iconic homicidal doll, Chuckie.

“I didn’t go see it in the theaters, because I thought, ‘Well, this is just...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!