Our Jaunty Little Peacock

Blog & Mablog | 10/23/2019 | Staff
joseph76joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Peacock.jpg

Imagine with me, if you will, a youth retreat of some kind, guys and girls at the same camp together. Imagine further that some young buck has been down in the dining hall, with a puffed-out chest, challenging girls to arm wrestle with him, and thus far he has provoked seven girls in a row to do it, and he has racked up seven straight wins.

Now the supposal gets really crazy. Suppose he tries to go back to the boys’ lodge in order to boast about his prowess. “Seven in a row!” he crows. “Gold medal me!”

Layer - Work - Camp - Committee - Justice

But we must needs add another layer to this, but work with me. Suppose this camp were also run by a committee of deranged social justice warriors, of the kind who were willing to ruin the life of any of the boys who dared to make life difficult at all for our jaunty little peacock. The authorities will do whatever—revoke swimming privileges, get a kid fired from his cushy job at the canteen, or pull out fingernails. Whatever it takes. They will defend that puffer boy at all costs, provided of course, that the boy had decided not to identify himself, at least for the duration of the retreat, by the fact that he had unfortunately been saddled, at some earlier point in his life, with boy parts.

Who saddled him with these is still a mystery. The culprit is still at large.

Doubt - Circumstances - Overseers - Camp - Scenario

There is little doubt that under ordinary circumstances, before I introduced the demented overseers of the camp into the scenario, that the strutting boy would have been thoroughly disciplined by the other boys. He would have been mocked mercilessly, such that it would be about three more centuries before any other boy ever tried the same stunt. And the only way to keep...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!