Warren’s Education Plan Funnels All Money Away From Charter Schools

The Federalist | 10/22/2019 | Tristan Justice
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Elizabeth-Warren-e1571768664972.jpg

2020 Democratic White House hopeful Elizabeth Warren unveiled new plans for K-12 education this week as the she joined the picket line with more than 32,000 striking teachers in Chicago on Tuesday.

In the plan, referred to as “A Great Public School Education for Every Student,” Warren calls for an end to the privatization of public schools and to end federal funding for new charter schools. Warren also wants to implement a federal ban on for-profit charter schools.

Time - Promise - Education - Student - Warren

“It’s time to live up to the promise of a high-quality public education for every student,” Warren wrote on Twitter announcing her latest proposal.

“My plan makes big, structural changes that would help give every student the resources that they need to thrive.”

Warren - Favor - School - Voucher - Programs

In 2004 however, Warren once argued in favor of school voucher programs.

“Fully funded vouchers would relieve parents from the terrible choice of leaving their kids in lousy schools or bankrupting themselves to escape those schools,” Warren wrote in her book, “The Two Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Parents are Going Broke.”

Proposal - Warren - Background - Teacher - Oklahoma

In the proposal, Warren draws on her background as a public-school teacher in Oklahoma and touts her experience as a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!