The Rise of Skywalker trailer – five things we learned

the Guardian | 10/22/2019 | Jordan Hoffman
Back in my day, jocks and nerds didn’t get along much, but it seems such old distinctions are now gone. Making its debut at halftime during Monday Night Football, the final trailer for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker delighted athletes and asthmatics alike. We are all united when it comes to Jedi, droids and wookiees.

As the new trailer launched, there were many questions. Is Rey an everywoman, or is she to the cosmic manor born? Will Kylo Ren revert to the Light Side? Will Finn and Rose live happily ever after? Can Poe Dameron be any more dreamy?

Film - Star - Wars - Trilogy - Reversal

The third film in each Star Wars trilogy has, thus far, involved a reversal of what true nerds call alignment. In Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader became good. Yay! In Revenge of the Sith, Anakin Skywalker turned bad. Boo! Will this new one be the tie breaker? We hope so. And we hope it involves Rey forgiving Kylo Ren his transgressions and the two of them having a big smooch somewhere with the wind blowing her robes and his wavy hair.

But until that can happen, there’s going to be some fighting, and it looks like some of that will be on the high seas. Adam Driver looks diabolical emerging from the water and holding his red, cruciform lightsaber like some kind of upside-down trident.

Palpatine - One

Palpatine is back in this new one. How how how? No one saw it coming, so we should have expected it.

We’ve yet to see Ian McDiarmid in any of the promotional materials – is it really him, or his Force ghost? – but we’ve heard him laugh and now we’ve heard him say spooky things such as “Long have I waited!” (Never keep McDiarmid standing in a queue; he’s terrifying!) It’s unclear exactly what the Darth Formerly Known...
(Excerpt) Read more at: the Guardian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep