A La Carte (October 22)

Tim Challies | 10/22/2019 | Staff
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-TUES-940x492.jpg

Today’s Kindle deals include an extensive list of books from Matthias Media that, to my knowledge, have not been on sale before.

The Pastor as Hourly Employee?

Things - Groan - Sympathy - Heart - Pastor

“There are few things that elicit a deeper groan of sympathy from my own heart than a fellow pastor of a smaller church who tells me that his elders are suspicious enough to resort to tracking how much time he spends ‘in the office.’ To me, it is an immediate sign of an unhealthy session that distrusts the pastor when the elders want a man to keep track of his hours or when they take it upon themselves to do so.”

Justin Taylor highlights what looks like it could prove an important series of videos.

National - Geographic - Story - Street - Pilgrims

National Geographic has the story: “A long-buried street that led pilgrims to the Jewish Temple 2,000 years ago was commissioned by Roman governor Pontius Pilate.”

We may be coming into the age of ultra-long flights. It raises the question: If you need to get between, let’s say, Toronto and Sydney anyway, would you rather do it in one long flight, or in a few shorter flights?

Nitoy - Gonzales

Nitoy Gonzales...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: