‘Ora pro me!’: how one young woman realized she wanted to be Catholic

The Deacon's Bench | 10/22/2019 | Staff
MkgirlzMkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/56/2019/10/monstrance-3483291_960_720.jpg

Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/56/2019/10/monstrance-3483291_960_720-768x511.jpg

“If you would’ve told me in April that I would be converting to Catholicism in October, I would have laughed in your face.”

A serious and thoughtful young Reformed Presbyterian, Katy Bagley, is chronicling her journey of faith on her blog, The Tiny Disciples, and that journey has just taken an unexpected detour — she just announced she’s becoming Catholic:

April - Catholicism - October - Face - Dead-set

If you would’ve told me in April that I would be converting to Catholicism in October, I would have laughed in your face. I was dead-set on being a Reformed Presbyterian.

I never hated Catholicism. In fact, it always intrigued me. I adored looking at photos of beautiful churches, religious statues, paintings, etc. I thought the liturgy was beautiful, and I adored the hymns. The fact that Christianity was historically Catholic forced me to have some semblance of respect for it. So, where did this journey begin?

Her latest post explains it all and concludes:

I believe the Church is true. I believe that in her sacraments, she will make me the best Christian I can be. And that is what is most important to me. The doctrinal nuances aren’t what won me—it’s the fact that these things are satisfied and the realization that I have been heading here for a long time.

Step - Train - Orthodoxy - Home - Reformed

Each step down the train of orthodoxy was leading me home. People around me have been saying, “But didn’t you just become Reformed?” Yes. “How do you know you won’t change your mind?” Because I look back and see that I was searching for Rome. The reverence, liturgy, etc., all could be found with each staggering step...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Deacon's Bench
Wake Up To Breaking News!