Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/92595.png?w=1200
Today I am glad to include 20 Truths from John Dickerson’s new book, Jesus Skeptic: A Journalist Explores the Credibility and Impact of Christianity. You can find John at @JohnSDickerson.
Get weekly updates from The Exchange delivered to your inbox.
Story - People - Truth - Page
1. “Wherever there is a powerful story, there are powerful people who want to suppress the truth” (Page 15).
2. “When it comes to Christianity, this 10-year investigation has convinced me that my generation of Americans—those born in the 1980’s and younger—have been largely denied the truth about Christianity’s influence and record on social justice” (Page 15, 16).
Average - Christians - % - Populations - Nations
3. “On average, Christians make up 75% of the populations in the nations that lead the world with the best women’s rights, including matters like equal pay, the right to vote, the right to not be sold into marriage and a striving toward equal rights in all areas. Turns out that Christianity has had significant cultural influence in every one of these best cultures for women. Now, note the absence of Christianity in the nations where women are most oppressed and devalued today” (Page 21, 22).
4. “What was unique about the Scientific Revolution—what was a first in the known history of humanity—was its way of looking at the universe” (Page 27).
Scientists - Scientific - Revolution - Way - World
5. “…these great scientists who unlocked the Scientific Revolution, they were not incidentally Christian. They were not accidentally Christian. They did not happen to be Christian. Their whole way of seeing the world and the universe was through the lens of Jesus as God, a real being who they firmly believed in. They believed Jesus to be a God who is good and who works with order and predictability” (Page 29).
6. “Unless I wanted to claim to be smarter than Isaac Newton and Blaise Pascal, I needed to stop suggesting that faith in Jesus is anti-intellectual”...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...