Adam and Eve on the Inside

Blog & Mablog | 10/21/2019 | Staff
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Beyonod-Authority-314x450.jpg

In her second chapter, Rachel Miller does say some good things, particularly about the tranny-nonsense. And in addition to that, she also says a number of unobjectionable things about how we ought to serve one another in our interdependence, which is exactly right, and how men and women ought to relate to one another as co-workers—“co-laborer captures the sense” (Loc. 555). Plenty of good things here, and so credit where credit’s due.

But even so, even with all this orthodox roughage taken into account, her entire project remains wrong-footed from the start. And the fact that she is wrong-footed is evident in this chapter.

Choices

Aren’t There More Choices?

She appears to gravitate naturally to the formulation of issues that are shaped as false alternatives. It is hard, at least for me, to diagram or analyze arguments that are trying to persuade us either that Georgie is taller than he was or that this Volkswagen is orange. Aren’t there more options? We don’t have enough data even to talk about it—and wouldn’t have, even if Georgie and the Volkswagen were right here in front of us. What do I mean?

Time - Bible - Authority - Submission—it - Jesus

“At the same time, the Bible doesn’t start and end with authority and submission—it is Jesus’s story from first to last”

And this is what I mean by a false alternative. She is assuming that there are two options. Either the Bible begins and ends with authority and submission, OR it is the story of Jesus from start to finish. So which do you choose? Authority and submission or Jesus? I choose Jesus! Was that the right answer?

Statement - Bible - References - Jesus - Story

But suppose I were to write a statement like this. “The Bible doesn’t start and end with references to gold—it is Jesus’s story from first to last.” Wouldn’t this set me up for some wiseacre questioner who wanted to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: