Pastors Are Just People Too

ChurchLeaders | 10/21/2019 | Staff
ashb0101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/10.22.HOME_.CC.PeopleToo.jpg

Several years ago, my wife (Carol) and I boarded a plane at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth Airport and flew to Taipei, Taiwan, to adopt our daughter Lauren. She would be our first child after almost nine years of marriage. After landing, we discovered that our host didn’t show up, and we could not speak Mandarin. Carol glanced across the information desk and noticed the logo of our hotel. She pointed it out to a taxi driver, and we were on our way. The next morning we were greeted in the hotel lobby by social workers who placed into our arms our daughter. This fragile, beautiful child felt as if she weighed thousands of pounds; I had never felt the weight of responsibility of being a father. My joy was inexpressible!

In a few days, we boarded the plane for home. Family, friends, and the church I pastored waited anxiously to meet our daughter. I buckled in and prepared to hold our amazing, squalling infant for the seventeen-hour flight. The flight attendant handed me a bag of pretzels, and I began to snack away. My wife leaned over and calmly whispered to me, “I think I am expecting.” I began to cough and choke on the pretzels as the news sunk in. The tiny airline-sized can of soda did little to wash down my shock, delight, and amazement. “Could it be that God gave us this beautiful child by adoption and had planned all along to bless us with a birth child!” I said. Carol’s doctor’s visit after our return home verified that her suspicions were fact.

Months - Study - Message - Faithfulness - God

Eight months went by. I am sitting in my study preparing a message on the faithfulness of God and the phone rings. Carol is hysterical: “The doctor says we have to go to the hospital now!” After the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: