Developing a “Be Present” Mindset

Orange Leaders | 10/21/2019 | Orange Leaders
http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/05/Developing-a-“Be-Present”-Mindset-Orange-Leaders-Blog.jpg

For those of us working to create a Lead Small culture, we understand the power of being present for a few. We encourage small group leaders to show up predictably, mentally and randomly. And while checklists and goals are very helpful in that training, what we really want is for them to understand the “why” behind this big idea. It’s great to show up at games, concerts, award ceremonies and the like, but being present is more than just showing up. It’s allowing your few to have a front-row seat to how God is working in your life and family; making the words you share in the circle have flesh outside of the circle.

I recently got a Facebook message from someone I haven’t seen in several years; not since I was the youth pastor at the church she attended. I met her as she and her family were going through some tough times. Through it all, this single mom was doing an amazing job raising her four kids! While we didn’t have a lead small model in place at this church, our family was really acting as their small group leader.

Conversation - Daughter - Time - Youth - Group

She shared a conversation she had with her now college-aged daughter. They were discussing her time in youth group and what she remembered…here is what that young lady said: “Mom, I don’t remember much of what I was taught. My most memorable moment was Brian! I clearly remember being in the car with Brian and his kids. He said HEY watch this and he turned on veggie tales. The boys started singing and going crazy with it and Brian sang right along! That was the moment that I realized how great of a dad he was! I realized that I had a bad dad and I looked up to Brian...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Woof!
Tagged: