Kirsten Dunst and ‘On Becoming a God in Central Florida’ Director Break Down Finale’s Most Poignant Scene

IndieWire | 10/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/OnBecomingAGod_110_0409_R.jpg

The hands down best scene of Showtime’s exceptionally good, wild ride of a series “On Becoming a God in Central Florida” arrives at the season’s end. As it turns out, it was also the last scene that director Charlie McDowell shot with stars Kirsten Dunst and Théodore Pellerin.

In the Sunday night finale, Krystal (Dunst) — the streetwise Orlando water-park employee who takes command of the cult-like pyramid scheme that drove her husband (Alexander Skarsgård, in a brief but punchy role in the series opener) to his death — is, as she puts it, “**** done.” By now, Krystal has confronted the insidious, true nature of FAM, which hasn’t been paying off for her or for her co-conspirator Cody (Pellerin), who’s been working as a security detail for the Garbeaus.

Emilia - Clarke - 'Game - Thrones - Finale

Emilia Clarke on 'Game of Thrones' Finale Backlash: 'We Would Never Have Made Everyone Happy'

David Oyelowo and Jane Lynch Bring Humor and Heft to 'Inside the Actors Studio'

Scene - Go - Getters - Gon - Go

In the climactic scene of “Go Getters Gonna Go Getcha,” Krystal and Cody share a come-to-Jesus moment in an empty bathtub, wherein Krystal lays down the terms of their relationship — which took a kinky turn back in Episode 4 and never looked back, especially after Cody’s sham proposal to her. “I don’t love you, I don’t know if I will ever love you. That’s the truth,” she tells him. But she still wants Cody in her life, telling him, “I’m really tired of being alone. People treat me like **** because they can, and I don’t know how to stop them… I can’t do this alone. I need you, Cody. If you’ll let me, I’ll treat you like someone I need.”

“To be honest, that’s my favorite scene of the series,” episode director and “On Becoming a God” executive producer Charlie...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!