Children’s Sermon (Luke 18:9-14) Object Lesson on the Pharisee and Tax Collector

Ministry-To-Children | 10/20/2019 | Kristin Schmidt
cute16 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://ministry-to-children.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/childrens-sermon-pharisee-tax-collector-object-lesson.jpg

This object lesson message shows kids the meaning of repentance and humility based on the Parable of the Pharisee & Tax Collector in Luke 18:9-14. Download the message outline and then watch our teaching example video.

Object Lesson Message on the Meaning of Humility

Main - Objective - Students - Awareness - Identity

Main Objective: Students will gain awareness that identity and value are found in Christ alone. Although it is easy to get caught up in pride of what we do and how, it is more important to be humble and recognize God as the source of strength. Our heart’s intentions are what matter to the Lord. We can be happy in things we do, but we need to be sure we are doing them for God.

Law/Gospel Theme: Our lives, praying or learning or doing or otherwise, ought to be centered on God. He has given us all we have, and He cares for our heart attitudes more than anything. We should not brag or boast in our own power, but take heart that God loves us and listens to us all the time.

Object - Lesson - Props - Gift - Box

Object Lesson Props: Nicely wrapped gift box or bag, paper bag, candy/treats, balloon

Bonus Activity Ideas:

Message - Note - Messages - Details - Audience

Message: Note: As with most messages, the details of how you choose to communicate this are adaptable and should cater to your audience and student needs. These suggestions are merely one possible way to demonstrate the message.

Greet students and bring out your “packages.”

Hello - Children - God

Hello, children of God!

Guess what? I have a special treat for you today. But I also have a package, and I want you to help me open it. First we have to decide which package I should open. Let’s see… what do you think? I have this one (Hold up bag or package with fancy wrapping) or I have this (hold up plain box or bag that does not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ministry-To-Children
Wake Up To Breaking News!