HBO's Watchmen better give me realism -- and maybe a giant squid

CNET | 10/20/2019 | Bonnie Burton
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/rENUSZoam_HC5BSHlJTIg2px-dM=/2015/10/02/cb601d52-4fb9-4b79-ae2a-e58bdc4ec86c/watchmen-cover-promo.jpg

Day 140.

A post shared by Damon (@damonlindelof) on

HBO's Watchmen series will cover new ground instead of being a straight comic adaptation.

I love the original Watchmen graphic novel so much, it's the one comic I always lend to friends -- and never get back. I think I've had to replace my copy of Watchmen 15 times. But I don't mind having to keep buying it, if it means I'm helping spread the Watchmen word.

Chapter - Watchmen - Story - Shape - TV

So I couldn't be more excited for a new chapter of the Watchmen story in the shape of a TV adaptation on HBO, debuting Sunday. Damon Lindelof, the man behind Lost, is in charge, and it could end up being the love letter to the comic fans like me have been waiting for.

Created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons and colorist John Higgins in 1986, the Watchmen comic had a huge impact as part of a wave of grown-up comics that changed the idea of what comics could be, and paved the way for today's comics-obsessed era. The beautiful graphics, gritty storyline and engaging characters all add up to the ultimate dark and reflective antihero comic readers weren't used to seeing.

Version - Watchmen - DC - Comics

The comic version of Watchmen was first published in 1986 by DC Comics.

Watchmen tells the tale of costumed heroes who fight injustice in the US during the Cold War, but they're regarded more as outlaws than superheroes. When one of their own is mysteriously murdered, they must work together to find the murderer.

Nowadays - Thanks - Everything - Marvel - Cinematic

Nowadays, thanks to everything from the quirky Marvel Cinematic Universe to DC Comics' darker superhero movies or Amazon's gleefully cynical The Boys, we have a range of nuanced superheroes. But back in the late '80s it felt like superheroes were all condescending goody two-shoes. Even as a kid I was bored with the usual antics of Superman, Spider-Man and Wonder Woman. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!