Sam Raimi Will Direct His First Horror Film Since 2009’s ‘Drag Me To ****’

The Playlist | 10/19/2019 | Matthew Monagle
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/sam-raimi-spider-man-3.jpg

Is it possible to miss somebody even though they never left? That’s the question I often ask myself about director Sam Raimi. While the filmmaker hasn’t directed a horror film since 2009’s “Drag Me To ****,” he’s stayed busy on the backend, helping develop the popular “Ash vs. Evil Dead” television series and backing projects by notable horror filmmakers like Alexandre Aja (“Crawl“) and Fede Álvarez (“Don’t Breathe“). Valuable contributions one and all, but there’s a part of me that’s wished he would step behind the camera again.

Well, consider this my Halloween wish granted. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Raimi has signed on to direct and produce a new “horror thriller” from Mark Swift and Damian Shannon, the screenwriting duo behind the 2009 “Friday the 13th” reboot and Dwayne Johnson‘s “Baywatch” movie. While not much is known about the script at this point, according to The Hollywood...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Tagged: