Hillary Clinton points the finger at Tulsi Gabbard as a Kremlin 'asset'

Mail Online | 10/18/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Politcal Reporter For Dailymail.com
smilingbearsmilingbear (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/18/20/19900502-0-image-a-17_1571427171722.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/03/6790762292597011656/1024x576_MP4_6790762292597011656.mp4

Hillary Clinton claimed the Russians were 'grooming' a Democratic presidential contender to be a third-party spoiler candidate in the 2020 presidential election and she appeared to suggest that person was Tulsi Gabbard.

Clinton did not mention Gabbard by name in an interview with former Obama adviser David Plouffe for his podcast but her accusation appeared directed at the congresswoman from Hawaii, who's been accused in the past of being cozy with Moscow.

Predictions - Eye - Somebody - Primary - Candidate

'I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate,' Clinton said in the interview. 'She's the favorite of the Russians.'

'They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far,' Clinton added.

Women - President - Gabbard - Kamala - Harris

There are only five women running for President -- Gabbard, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar and Marianne Williamson.

None of the other women have been accused of Russia ties.

Nesting - Doll - Fits - Clinton - Spokesman

'If the nesting doll fits,' Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill told reporters when asked if the former secretary of state meant Gabbard.

Gabbard campaign's did not respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment.

Tuesday - Debate - Ohio - Democrat - Hawaii

But, in Tuesday's fourth Democratic debate in Ohio, the Democrat from Hawaii said that claims she is a 'Russian asset' are 'completely despicable.'

She also defended herJanuary 2017 trip to Syria where she met with its dictator Bashar al-Assad, who is an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. No photographs of their meeting have been made public.

Days - New - York - Times - Article

'Just two days ago the New York Times put out an article saying that I'm a Russian asset and an Assad apologist and all these different smears,' she said during the debate.

'This morning a CNN commentator said on national television that I'm an asset of Russia.'

Comments

'Completely despicable,' she said of the comments and then...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.