Friday Festival: Connections, Broken and Whole

RevGalBlogPals | 10/18/2019 | Staff
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://secure.gravatar.com/blavatar/c13a8b505a55d6c03ebb6040b00b56fb?s=200&ts=1571406202&imgtype=.jpg

Our bloggers are guiding our minds to the connections of the heart this week. Turning from weariness to gratitude, Kristin Berkey-Abbott notices a parallel between herself and the living things in the garden, “The milkweed is blooming this week–these are plants that have been eaten back to bare stalks several times since I bought them in July. They are hardy souls. We are too. The monarchs have returned to the milkweed to enjoy the new growth. Even the non-poets can see the metaphor.”

Remembering her dad on the anniversary of his death, Lara Blackwood Pickrel says, “He should be here. He should know the weight of his granddaughter, the feel of her squirmy toddler body in his arms as he twirls her around the living room. He should occupy the other side of the dual recliner in the home we now call “Grandma’s House.” He should be here to celebrate new jobs, new homes, new adventures as his daughters and sons-in-law grow (and grow into) our careers and adult lives. Damnit, he should be here…Much of the time I can compartmentalize, outrun, avoid, outmaneuver the grief.” But not on this anniversary day, which also recalls other losses.

Lack - Connection - Julia - Walsh - Day

Lamenting our lack of connection with each other, Julia Walsh remembers a long day of waiting at the airport. “At one point during that day, I walked by a whole row of people sitting shoulder-to-shoulder at an upscale bar. Everyone was silent. Well-dressed young professionals and middle-aged business people sipped drinks and ate their lunches, but no one spoke. Instead, everyone peered into their devices, staring at their screens. I noticed a man and a woman of similar age and style of dress, both handsome and classy looking, sitting side by side. In my imagination, they were two single people bored with dating...
(Excerpt) Read more at: RevGalBlogPals
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!