Country radio host Bob Kingsley dies at the age of 80

Mail Online | 10/17/2019 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/17/17/19847168-0-image-a-75_1571329470015.jpg

Country music radio host Bob Kingsley died on Thursday at home in Weatherford, Texas at the age of 80.

This news comes just one week after the National Radio Hall of Fame broadcaster revealed he was battling bladder cancer and getting treatment.

Star - Time - Radio - Show - Bob

The star had also said at the time that he was retiring from his syndicated radio show, Bob Kingsley's Country Top 40.

'While there is no doubt that the immediate road ahead will push me and challenge my resolve, I want you to know I am blessed to be working with the very best in the medical profession, and they have a plan to deal with this awful disease,' he wrote on social media earlier this month.

'I - Intention - Moment - Patience - Focus

'I have no intention of stopping anytime soon, but for a moment, I need to ask for your patience as I step away from the mic and focus on my treatment.'

Bob was well liked in the country music world and called Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton, and Garth Brooks friends.

Host - Country - Countdown - Job

He came to fame in 1978 when he became the host of American Country Countdown, a job he held down until 2006.

On the side, Bob hosted album release specials for stars such as Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood.

National - Radio - Hall - Fame

In 2016 he entered the National Radio Hall of Fame.

He is as the inaugural winner of the Bob Kingsley Living Legend Award. It is presented annually at the Grand Ole Opry House.

Bob

Bob...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!