5 things to know about Congressman Elijah Cummings

www.christianpost.com | 10/17/2019 | Staff
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/34/233476.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

Esteemed Democratic congressman from Maryland Elijah E. Cummings, who was well-known for his devotion to civil rights activism and the city of Baltimore, died early Thursday morning. He was 68.

Death - Health - Problems - Am - Cummings

Prior to his death from longstanding health problems at approximately 2:45 a.m., Cummings, who was chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, served as a key figure in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

As news of his death spread on Thursday, many shared snaps from his life that help to tell his story. Here are five things to know about his life.

Cummings - Member - New - Psalmist - Baptist

Cummings, who was a member of the New Psalmist Baptist Church in Baltimore, was proud of his Christian faith and never shied away from sharing it.

“This morning I am worshiping at my church, New Psalmist Baptist Church. After a very challenging week, I am glad to be around people who lift my spirits. I thank Bishop Walter Scott Thomas for his friendship and his awesome leadership. I invite all my friends to worship with us next Sunday as we celebrate our pastor’s anniversary,” he shared in a post on Facebook in March.

Thursday - Nate - Brooks - Pastor - Greater

When he died on Thursday, Nate Brooks, pastor of Greater St. John Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, had this to say:

“This is a tough loss. At the age of 22, I started as an usher at New Psalmist Baptist Church, Baltimore, MD, and Congressmen Elijah Cummings would faithfully walk into the 7:45am service and sit where he had always sat. He faithfully served the Lord—like he faithfully served and represented his community and political office. This is a major voice gone!!! RIH,” Brooks wrote.

Cummings - District - Portion - Baltimore - Dangerous…disgusting

Despite blasting Cummings as a “brutal bully” and his district which covers a large portion of Baltimore, as a “dangerous…disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess” earlier this summer,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.