Supernatural Boss Talks Belphagor's Agenda, Sam's Troubling Visions

TVLine | 10/17/2019 | Vlada Gelman
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/supernatural-spoilers-2.jpg?w=620

Supernatural Final Season Premiere Recap: Hold the Door!

Supernatural Final Season Trailer Features Big Returns

TVLine - Andrew - Dabb - Queries - Belphagor

Luckily, TVLine was able to get co-showrunner Andrew Dabb to answer some of our most pressing queries about Belphagor (aka the demon currently inhabiting Jack’s body), those visions of (evil?) Sam and the season opener’s pilot callback. Read on for all the scoop and a preview of Kevin Tran’s return in this Thursday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c).

TVLINE | Where did the idea for the character of Belphagor come from? Was that your way of finding some way to keep Alex [Calvert] around without bringing Jack back right away?

Ways - Character - Agenda - Parts - Season

I think, in some ways, yes. But also, as we’ll see, this character has a bit more of an agenda, let’s just call it that, that will play into later parts of our season.

TVLINE | What did you think when you first saw the footage that was coming in? Alex looks like he’s just having a blast in this role.

Takeaways - New - York - Hands - Lot

Yeah, I thought he got much funnier and much more Italian. I would say those are my two biggest takeaways. Much funnier and much more like New York. Like, he talks with his hands a lot more as Belphagor.

TVLINE | Was there any direction written into the script about what the personality should be like for the character, or anything that was relayed to Alex on set?

Season - Kind - Character - Actor - Restrictions

He and I spoke about it before he started the season, and I was like, “Look, here’s kind of how we see this character, but you are a professional actor, and so we’re not going to put like too many restrictions on you. Do what you feel.” He did, and it worked out great.

TVLINE | Belphagor and the Winchesters make for unlikely bedfellows, which is not a new concept for Dean and Sam....
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.