Arlo's Video Doorbell is like an Arlo security camera for your front door

CNET | 10/17/2019 | Megan Wollerton
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/hWM0gVQbcCPVnbiyulXqwVzlwFI=/2019/10/15/8c25eb52-ec84-42ef-bbc7-6c2d09a3c793/video-doorbell-lifestyle-mounted-k.jpg

The Arlo Video Doorbell costs $150.

Netgear's smart home company Arlo is a leader in battery-powered security cameras. The weatherproof Arlo Pro 2 is currently my top pick among home security cameras. Arlo sells other devices too -- an indoor camera, a baby monitor and even an Audio Doorbell (a smart doorbell sans camera).

Audio - Doorbell - Arlo - Doorbell - Camera

Ever since the Audio Doorbell came around, I've been waiting for an Arlo doorbell with a built-in camera and the time is finally here. Arlo on Thursday announced a $150 Arlo Video Doorbell, available for preorder now at Best Buy and other retailers. At a glance, the price looks right for this device. The Nest Hello costs $229 and the Ring Video Doorbell Pro costs even more at $249.

But what does the new Arlo Audio Doorbell actually offer? Here's a list:

Motion - Detection

Motion detection

Person, package, car and animal detection added with Arlo Smart

Thing - List - Storage - Arlo - Days

One key thing that's missing for me in this list is free cloud storage. The Arlo of yore used to offer seven days of free event-based cloud storage. If an Arlo cam detected motion, it would record a clip of the activity and save it for seven days in the Arlo app before deleting it automatically. But now that Arlo devices have become more sophisticated with person-, package-, car- and animal-detection capabilities, Arlo has ended its seven-day free cloud storage....
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?