The world's first professional catwalk model with Down's

Mail Online | 10/16/2019 | Emma Elms For The Daily Mail
Goobee (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/16/20/19804056-0-image-a-4_1571255178928.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/16/8779819887227980434/1024x576_MP4_8779819887227980434.mp4

Making it as a model can be a cut-throat business but Madeline Stuart is doing well by any standards. The striking 22-year-old redhead has more than 100 catwalk shows under her belt, along with ads for brands like Diesel.

At London and New York Fashion Weeks this season she walked for 18 designers including Tommy Hilfiger, at one point handing out high-fives to her admirers in the front row.

Followers - Instagram - Devour - Updates - Lifestyle

Her 307,000 followers on Instagram devour updates about her glamorous lifestyle and strict exercise regime, with her most popular post viewed more than 338,000 times.

Madeline is charming and sweet, greeting me each time we meet like an old friend, with spontaneous hugs. She speaks mostly in single words because of a speech impediment but has a force of personality to match her mum’s.

Madeline - Achievements - Model - Down - Syndrome

This hasn’t held Madeline back from some quite extraordinary achievements. She has become the first model with Down’s syndrome to conquer the mainstream catwalk, racking up four years of Fashion Week shows in several countries. Of the three other successful adult models with Down’s syndrome — Kathleen Humberstone, from Surrey, who appeared in a River Island campaign; Marian Avila, from Spain; and Kate Grant, from Ireland — so far Madeline is the only one to regularly walk for designers during Fashion Week.

She’s appeared in Vogue and named the ‘No 1 game-changer in the fashion industry’ by Forbes magazine. Yet some ask whether it’s Madeline who loves the limelight, or whether Rosanne has pushed her daughter on to the world stage.

Madeline - Year - Press - Officer - Mother

I first met Madeline a year ago after a press officer introduced me to her mother. I asked for a photo but, exhausted from a day of shows, Madeline refused with a clear ‘No’.

I backed down but Rosanne told her to do it. Suddenly, boom! ‘Madeline the model’ sprang to life, flashing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: