CNN Tip-Toes Around Biden Controversy in Interview With Campaign Press Secretary

NewsBusters | 10/16/2019 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/cnn_newsroom_with_poppy_harlow_and_jim_sciutto_-_09_45_23_am.jpg

Over the past three years CNN has branded itself as the network that is fearless in its drive to speak truth to power and that is unafraid to call an apple and apple and a banana a banana. Unless that power be a Democrat, then it as if they are walking on eggshells, as CNN Newsroom co-host Poppy Harlow illustrated on Wednesday as she interviewed Symone Sanders, press secretary for the Biden campaign.

At the debate on Tuesday, Anderson Cooper asked Joe Biden about the controversy surrounding him, his son Hunter, and the company Burisma in such a way that one would think Cooper was auditioning for Sanders' job. Despite the softball from Cooper, Biden still got himself in some trouble. In talking about the situation, Biden told Cooper, "I never discussed a single thing with my son about anything having to do with Ukraine. No one has indicated I have."

Harlow - Sanders - Blow - Question - Clip

Harlow was tasked with confronting Sanders about this, but first tried to soften the blow of any hard question. In introducing the clip of Biden and Cooper from Tuesday, Harlow declared the entire controversy was a result of, "the President's unfounded smears against the vice president."

After performing that preventive damage control, Harlow told Sanders that," according to the New Yorker article, you know the Adam Entous piece, Hunter Biden indicated they had had discussions about it where Hunter recalled his father discussing Burisma with it and said to Hunter, quote, 'I hope you know what you're doing,' and I said 'I do' and then in the ABC News interview, Hunter Biden acknowledged the New...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!