I Attended HIV Education For Parents Of 5th Graders. Here’s What I Learned

The Federalist | 10/16/2019 | Georgi Boorman
k.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/140411-F-LO365-002.jpg

“I know you girls are grown up enough for this,” the handout read. No laughing and no “put-downs” allowed.

I sat with a dozen or so other parents in the cold conference room of our city’s empty trade school, following along in the binder the school district had put together for Parent Awareness Night. The topic: HIV and puberty education for fifth graders.

Matter - Parents - Form - Presentation - Education

It wasn’t a laughing matter for the parents attending, either. My relative sat next to me, her opt-out form already filled out and ready to turn in as soon as the presentation ended. Her ten-year-old would not be attending either the puberty education or HIV education classes scheduled on the same day at some point before Christmas break.

Washington state law dictates that children in public schools must be taught “the life-threatening dangers of the disease, its spread, and prevention” once a year, beginning in fifth grade and continuing through twelfth.

STI - Education - Ten-year-olds - Outgrowth - Leftism

One might assume that STI education for ten-year-olds is a recent outgrowth of leftism’s development within public schools. But this law has been in place since 1988, only four years after the human immunodeficiency virus was discovered. Nearly 62,000 people in America died of AIDs that year. Just two decades later, the death toll had climbed past half a million.

The Washington State AIDS Omnibus Act of 1988 specifies that students be taught the dangers of drug abuse, particularly the use of hypodermic needles, as well as the dangers of sexual intercourse, “with or without condoms.” The law itself stresses abstinence as “the only certain means” for the prevention of contracting HIV via sexual contact.

Healthy - Youth - Act - Health - Education

The Healthy Youth Act specifies that any sexual health education must be “age-appropriate.” School districts, which introduce sex-ed curricula at their own discretion, are left to determine what that means. The Moses Lake School District (MLSD) has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.