Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio engage in a Twitter feud over modeling and body positivity

Mail Online | 10/15/2019 | Brian Gallagher For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/16/05/19772898-0-image-a-117_1571201870614.jpg

The Good Place star Jameela Jamil sent out a seemingly innocuous tweet about a runway show that sparked a war of words with model Sara Sampaio.

On Saturday, Jamil, 33, retweeted a tweet featuring a clip from the Gold Carvier Crew dancing on the runway wearing Nigerian-designed dresses from Vienna Fashion Week 2018.

Jamil - Model - Agent - God - Teenager

Jamil, a former model agent herself, tweeted, 'Oh my god This looks like the most fun, and not a long-starved terrified teenager in sight. Beautiful,' which caught the attention of Sampaio on Tuesday.

The 28 year old Sampaio, a Victoria's Secret Angel who became the first Portuguese model to be featured in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, clapped back at Jamil.

'How - Someone - People - Sampaio - Quote-retweet

'How about celebrating someone without bringing other people down?' Sampaio said in a quote-retweet of Jamil's retweet.

'Calling runway models "long-starved terrified teenager" is extremely offensive. From someone that is always preaching for body positivity this just screams hypocrisy,' Sampaio concluded.

Jamil - Minutes - Model - Tweet

Jamil responded minutes later, clarifying she wasn't referring to every model in her original tweet.

'I didn’t say all models in my tweet so try to calm down. But I will say there is a *vast* majority issue with young girls starving themselves, and using drugs and cocaine to control their weight, to meet the very small sample sizes. If you don’t see that, then you are in a bubble,' Jamil said.

Tweet - 'I - Body - Talk - Body

She added in another tweet, 'I also don’t preach “body positivity.” I talk about moving away from all talk of body, in order to combat our current pervasive issue of eating disorder culture, which is in NO small way perpetuated by the extreme thinness demanded of girls by the high fashion powers that be.'

Sampaio responded by stating that Jamil still shouldn't have felt the need to, 'attack girls just so you can celebrate others.'

Disorders - Drugs - Cocaine - Use

'Eating disorders, drugs and cocaine use...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!