Wang Xiaoshuai’s ‘So Long, My Son’ Earns Six APSA Nominations

Variety | 10/15/2019 | Patrick Frater
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/so-long-landscape-crop-201914264_5.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Chinese drama, “So Long, My Son,” was nominated in six categories for this year’s Asia Pacific Screen Awards. The unprecedented haul makes it a clear favorite.

The Wang Xiaoshuai-directed drama about separation, secrets, a lifetime of regret, and the consequences of China’s one child policy, had its premiere in February at the Berlin festival. There it won Silver Bear prizes for both lead actor Wang Jingchun and actress Yong Mei. Both now receive APSA nominations.

List - Nominations - APSAs - Wednesday - Categories

A nearly complete list of nominations for the 13th APSAs was announced Wednesday in 11 categories. The nominations encompassed a total of 37 films from 22 countries and territories.

Surprisingly, Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite,” which won the Palme d’Or at Cannes and is considered a hot favorite for an Oscar nomination, was nominated only in a single category.

Film - Contenders - Pema - Tseden - Balloon

The best film contenders are Pema Tseden’s “Balloon,” Kantemir Balagov’s “Beanpole,” “Parasite,” “So Long, My Son,” and Sona Dhwandi Bhed Te Suchha Pahad’s “The Gold Laden Sheep and the Sacred Mountain.”

Best director nominations go to Kazakhstan’s Adilkhan Yerzhanov for “A...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8