Democratic debate in Ohio produces 'expodentially' entertaining memes

CNET | 10/15/2019 | Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/9VaObuufOW6AaraMu35GsdD97MM=/2019/10/16/1fba2f7e-d44a-4f7b-a886-1bd80879c2a6/1181321465.jpg

Billionaire Tom Steyer and his tie answer questions during the Democratic presidential debate at Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio, Tuesday.

Twelve Democratic candidates for president faced off Tuesday night at Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio. Eleven had participated in similar debates already this year, but one, hedge-fund billionaire Tom Steyer, was new to the battle.

Steyer - Vice - President - Joe - Biden

Steyer joined former Vice President Joe Biden; Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey; Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana; former Housing Secretary Julián Castro; Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii; Sen. Kamala Harris of California; Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota; former Rep. Beto O'Rourke of Texas; Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont; Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts; and tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang.

That's a lot of people on one stage, but nothing escaped the eagle eyes of viewers. Steyer's red plaid tie immediately attracted interest. YouTubers The Gregory Brothers snarked on Twitter, "Mr. Steyer, you claim to be a billionaire, and yet, that is your tie."

Accounts - Tie - Scotch - Tape - Accounts

And multiple accounts were quickly set up for the tie itself. "Do I really look like Scotch tape?" one of the accounts asked.

Hi everyone.

Tom - Steyer - Tie

It’s me, Tom Steyer’s tie.

Please notice me.

Scotch - Tape - Lol - Amy - Klobuchar

Do I really look like the scotch tape? Lol. At least I’m not Amy Klobuchar’s bruise (or eggplant maybe?) color outfit. OMG! Why the **** did Tom wear me with this blue shirt? Man!

Who's the new guy?

Viewers - Fact - Steyer - Newbie - Group

Some viewers commented on the fact that Steyer was the newbie to the group. "Tom...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!