Klobuchar: Warren Isn’t Being Honest About Who Will Pay for Medicare for All

Washington Free Beacon | 10/15/2019 | David Rutz
baileyboo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Screen-Shot-2019-10-15-at-9.01.01-PM-e1571187684803.png

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D., Minn.) slammed Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) Tuesday for hiding that she would need to hike middle class taxes to pay for her Medicare for All proposal.

Warren has repeatedly refused to say she would raise taxes on the middle class to help pay for a government-run health care system. She did so again at Tuesday's debate, only saying that middle class "costs" would go down but not answering direct moderator questions on taxes.

Klobuchar - Obamacare - Option - Warren - Sen

Klobuchar, who favors expanding Obamacare and adding a public option, jumped on Warren, saying at least Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) was being "honest" about raising taxes to pay for his signature proposal.

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth, but you have not said that, and I think we owe it to the American people to tell them where we're going to send the invoice," she said. "I believe the best and boldest idea here is to not trash Obamacare but to do exactly what Barack Obama wanted to do from the beginning, and that's have a public option."

People - Insurance

"That's what we should do be doing instead of kicking 149 million people off their insurance in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: