Google’s $649 Pixelbook Go Chromebook is definitely a laptop, but it’s ‘not pink’

CNET | 10/15/2019 | Scott Stein
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/jlthS20D4iMymvC3w4VNc9KdThY=/756x567/2019/10/09/4a793cfb-52ee-4852-9bdb-91204f71e10f/google-pixelbook-1438.jpg

The Google Pixelbook Go returns as a laptop, not a tablet.

Slim metal body, large trackpad, expansive 13.3-inch screen. Is it a MacBook Air? Or, a Surface Laptop? No, it's a Google Pixelbook.

Google - Pixel - Phones - Nest - Products

Next to Google's newest Pixel 4 phones and Nest products at Google's fall hardware event, there's also a new made-by-Google Chromebook in town. It isn't a convertible tablet-hybrid or a snap-on-keyboard solution like last year's Pixel Slate. It's a laptop. Just a laptop. And maybe that's a good thing?

The Pixelbook Go is designed to be a lighter, better and more affordable Chrome laptop than the really good but really expensive Pixelbook Google made two years ago. The Go has a larger screen (13.3 inches), but it's lighter (2.4 pounds), shifting to a magnesium chassis. Google's product team took me through what's new, and why a more comfortable laptop experience was the most important goal this time around.

Bottom - Pink - Pixelbook - Go - Pattern

The bottom of the Not Pink Pixelbook Go, and its grippy pattern.

Besides being lighter, the Pixelbook Go promises to be better for typing on: a new keyboard is designed to feel better than the already pretty good Pixelbook keys, and quieter. The trackpad's larger, too. My eyes immediately get drawn to a funky, grippy pattern on the bottom of the Go, a signature design move that's supposed to help the laptop stay put on tables and be more easily held. It's a good-looking laptop. Much like the MacBook Air or the Microsoft Surface Laptop, the overall look is clean.

Pixel - Design - Pixelbook - Go - Colors

The Pixel phone-like design of the Pixelbook Go is there too, especially with the colors. The black and "not pink" color variants match what Google's Pixel 3 phone had last year. The curved and softer feel seems to fit the look, as well.

This is definitely the Chromebook I'd like to be working on, I think....
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.