A Succession Finale Theory, Examined: Was There a Secret Pact All Along?

TVLine | 10/14/2019 | Dave Nemetz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/succession-2.jpg?w=621

Succession Season 2 Finale Recap: Who Did Logan Throw Overboard?

The Worst People on Succession, Ranked From Tolerable to Loathsome

Post - Spoilers - Sunday - Succession - Finale

Warning: This post contains spoilers for Sunday’s Succession finale.

Succession wrapped up its sophomore season last night… but fans are still busy unpacking that shocker of an ending.

Logan - Blood - Sacrifice - Circle - Shareholders

To recap: Logan needed a “blood sacrifice” from his inner circle to appease shareholders, and after considering Tom and Greg too insignificant, informed his son Kendall that he’d be the one taking the fall. Kendall meekly agreed, and when he asked his dad if he ever thought Kendall had what it takes to be CEO, Logan replied: “You’re not a killer. You need to be a killer.” But maybe he is: At the news conference where he was supposed to fall on the company sword, Kendall instead flipped on his father and called him “a malignant presence, a bully and a liar,” adding that Logan had full knowledge of Waystar’s wrongdoing. That sets up one **** of a Season 3, huh?

But did that cagey old grump Logan actually know all along that Kendall would do that? Some are theorizing that Logan and Kendall hatched a plot to have Kendall publicly turn on his dad so he can be cleanly elevated to CEO and Logan would have a reason to step down. And there’s some evidence backing that up: Logan’s wry smile while Kendall is bashing him at the very end, and Logan’s prior knowledge that the shareholders want him out. (Shiv forfeited her chance to be in on it when she begged Logan to spare poor Tom.) It’s an intriguing theory, and it hadn’t really occurred to me, so I went back to rewatch the final scenes to see if I missed something.

Eyes

But to my eyes, it doesn’t really stand up to scrutiny.

If Logan...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!