‘Succession’: Is Kendall a Killer Yet? Brian Cox Thinks So

Variety | 10/14/2019 | Meg Zukin
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/a1344bc689560132c21d50d7162d7f22c339fe6cbf5845717145fb46e119bdb057233aad5553140b6a64d0421a3189a4-e1571074700348.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

The Roys set sail aboard a refitted yacht in the Mediterranean in the Season 2 finale of ‘Succession’ Sunday, but it is hardly a vacation. Logan Roy (played by Brian Cox) gathers his family (including Gerri, among others) to figure out whose head would be put on a stake as Waystar Royco’s sacrificial lamb offering to the shareholders. Cox breaks down the shocking twist behind the episode, and what he suspects will happen in season three.

I guess the most obvious question is, is Kendall a killer yet?

Laughs - Season - Steps - Towards - Father

Well, it looks as if he is. [Laughs.] We’ll have to wait until next season to see if he is. He’s obviously gone public, so he’s achieved his first steps towards killing. His father is both impressed and kind of got a frisson from it.

Does that explain Logan’s Mona Lisa smile at the very end?

Blood - Sacrifice - Logan - Course - Minute

I think it does explain that. There has to be a blood sacrifice. Logan, of course, never thought for one minute it was going to be himself, except, when the shareholders said the need, he realizes that he’s in the frame to be the blood sacrifice. And of course, he ends up the blood sacrifice, because of what Kendall does.

What did you think of the finale when you first read it?

Show - Seasons - End - Sense - Mystery

It was completely wonderful. I’ve been with this show for two seasons so I can see where they’re going, and it’s always surprising, but it’s also understandable. The end of it made enormous sense. The mystery as always, still remains. Does Logan need this, does Logan need that? It’s up for debate, and it should be up for debate. That’s what great drama is about.

Kendall has really grown since the pilot. Especially his relationship with his father.

Thing - Logan - Game

Yeah, and the thing about Logan is: In the game you have to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!