Timothy Omundson Opens Up About Returning for Psych Movie Sequel Following Stroke

TVGuide.com | 10/14/2019 | Kelly Connolly
Click For Photo: https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/10/14/bd65fabf-a311-43d6-b32b-dbe8e9b3ced7/thumbnail/1300x867/eabcb7197484217927660b0b376c7220/timothy-omundson-this-is-us-news.jpg

If just the title of the second Psych movie — Psych 2: Lassie Come Home — has you feeling emotional, brace yourself for actor Timothy Omundson's thoughts on returning to the franchise. More than two years after suffering a massive stroke in April 2017, Omundson is making his return to television in a pair of high-profile projects. The beloved Psych actor is currently guest-starring on the fourth season of This Is Us, and he will also reprise his role as Carlton Lassiter, now chief of the Santa Barbara Police Department, in the upcoming sequel to Psych: The Movie, officially known as Psych 2: Lassie Come Home.

The movie was shot before Omundson's turn on This Is Us, making it his first significant role since the stroke. (Omundson made a cameo appearance in the first Psych movie, which was filmed in 2017 during the early stages of his recovery. The movie was rewritten to account for the actor's absence.) In a candid new interview with TV Line, Omundson opened up about the stroke's severity. "Early on I joked that it was 'Just a wee touch of a stroke,'" he said. "But it was a massive stroke; I came really close to [dying]."

Actor - Psych - Family - Recovery - Cast

The actor said he credits his Psych family with "so much of [his] recovery," revealing how the cast and creatives accommodated his condition while filming the second movie. "[Psych star] James Roday and [series creator] Steve Franks were visiting me in recovery all the time to see how I was coming along," Omundson told TV Line. "And just knowing that they were going to take care of me on the set and in the script and to write the story around my disability was [incredible]. That was a huge learning curve to go back to that show. It was the first...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!