NSW mother locked daughter in wooden shed every night to stop her trying to kill herself

Mail Online | 10/13/2019 | Brittany Chain;Daniel Peters For Daily Mail Australia
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/14/01/19671602-0-image-a-16_1571011573787.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/13/8794823701003714913/1024x576_MP4_8794823701003714913.mp4

A single mother was forced to lock her daughter in a wooden shed with nothing but a mattress every night for two years to stop her from self-harming.

Emma Parry was desperate to keep her daughter alive during a two-year battle where the teenager tried to take her own life more than 12 times.

Stephanie - Risk - Family

As a 16-year-old, Stephanie was a risk to herself and her family.

Ms Parry saw no option but to physically separate her daughter each night by locking her away in a shed with nothing other than a mattress and a blanket.

Services - Girl - Hours - Home - New

The only psychiatric services available for the girl were more than two hours away from their isolated home in rural New South Wales.

Stephanie compared her living situation to that of a prisoner as she gave a tour of the near empty room she called home.

'This - Prison - Prison - Today - Tonight

'This is what I call a prison... because it is. I'm being locked in like I'm in a prison,' she previously told Today Tonight.

It wasn't until she was admitted into a care facility when a nurse sat her down to give her a 'wake up call' about what her future looked like that she found the strength to turn her life around.

'I - Someone - Jail - Options

'I wasn't doing well and he told me ''if you don't choose to get better now, you'll either end up killing yourself, killing someone else you care about or ending up in jail. Those are your options'',' she said.

Three years on, Stephanie is now appreciative of the lengths her mother went to keep her safe.

Feels - Room - Safety - Others

'It feels good not being locked away in a room anymore for my safety and others,' she said.

'I went...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.