GOP Rep. Kinzinger: ‘We All Know’ Turkey Wouldn’t Have Attacked if U.S. Troops Remained at Border

Breitbart | 10/13/2019 | Staff
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/Kinzinger.jpg

On Sunday’s broadcast of “Face the Nation,” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) criticized President Donald Trump’s decision to remove U.S. troops from northeastern Syria.

Kinzinger argued that if U.S. soldiers had remained in Northern Syria, Turkey would not have attacked.

Transcript

Partial transcript as follows:

MARGARET BRENNAN: But we want to go now to Illinois Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger. He is in Ottawa, Illinois. Good morning to you, Congressman.

KINZINGER - Morning

KINZINGER: Good morning.

BRENNAN: You wanted the president to rethink his position. We know from Secretary Esper this decision to pull out was made last night. What is the implication going to be?

KINZINGER - Secretary - Job - Orders - Reality

KINZINGER: Well it’s going to be terrible and you know the secretary is doing his job and you know he has to follow orders. But the reality we all know that if there were still those 30 or 40 soldiers in that part of Syria that Turkey wouldn’t attack. We actually had a pretty good kind of joint security situation being setup to de-escalate that area. In fact, pulling back those 50 troops or whatever it was has given license to Turkey and then now I think pulling out the remaining thousand in Syria is simply an excuse to get out. Look at it this way. You hear the president and people like Rand Paul talk about endless wars all the time and it’s kitschy, but actually we were preventing an endless war. An- and that actually commenced on Sunday now a week ago and so it’s really depressing. And you know, for me as a guy that served in the military and really, got into politics because I believe in the role America plays, to see this yet again you know leaving an ally behind, abandoning people that we frankly told that we were gonna be with is disheartening, depressing. Frankly it’s weak and I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.