Bill Maher: GOP Doesn't 'Believe in Democracy,' FNC Hosts are 'A**-Lickers'

NewsBusters | 10/12/2019 | Staff
cv2angels (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/real_time_with_bill_maher_-_10_28_03_pm.jpg

Not surprisingly, the panel on Friday’s edition of Real Time weighed in on the impeachment inquiry that has sucked up all of the oxygen on Capitol Hill. Host Bill Maher suggested that Republicans’ behavior throughout the impeachment inquiry indicates that they “don’t believe in democracy anymore.” In addition, the panel took aim at Fox News; slamming the primetime hosts as “a**-lickers” and accusing the network of spinning out “a totally different version of reality.”

At the beginning of the panel discussion, Maher read aloud a statement from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell saying “the way that impeachment stops is with a Senate majority; with me as Majority Leader.” According to Maher, “it sounds like he’s saying it doesn’t really matter what Donald Trump did or does, I will stop it.” Maher proceeded to ask “do Republicans still believe in democracy?”

Audience - Applause - Maher - Question - Trump

After the audience erupted into applause, Maher answered his own question by citing Trump allies’ refusals to comply with subpoenas related to the impeachment inquiry as evidence that Republicans “don’t believe in democracy anymore.” One of the panelists, MSNBC National Affairs Analyst John Heilemann, pulled an Adam Schiff and grossly misrepresented the phone call President Trump had with the Ukrainian President; claiming President Trump said this:

I know you guys are in a hot war with Russia and I know you need this military assistance. Happy to give it to you, but you’ve got to do me a favor first. You got to work with my crooked attorney and his friends, Liev and Igor, and you got to dig up some dirt on my principal political opponent, and then I’ll give you the money.

Heilemann - Transcript - Conversation - Offense - F***

Heilemann contended that the transcript of the conversation “proved he’s completely guilty” before declaring “if that is not an impeachable offense, give it the f*** up. There is no impeachment...If...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...