Artist who defeated ordinance forcing her to serve gay weddings urges Christians ‘to take a stand’

www.christianpost.com | 10/12/2019 | Staff
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/34/233410.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

An Arizona artist who successfully sued the city of Phoenix over an ordinance that would have forced her company to provide services for same-sex weddings despite their religious objections has encouraged American Christians “to take a stand” for their beliefs.

Arizona - Supreme - Court - Month - Brush

The Arizona Supreme Court ruled last month in Brush & Nib v. City of Phoenix that Joanna Duka and Breanna Koski, owners of Brush & Nib Studio, cannot be compelled by a local antidiscrimination ordinance to provide their artistic services to same-sex weddings.

Duka was part of a panel at the Values Voters Summit on Friday comprised of people who were part of religious liberty litigation. When asked how she handled the pressure of the highly publicized lawsuit, Duka said her faith was a great help.

Breanna - Lot - Prayer - Something - God

“Breanna and I put a lot of prayer into it. Is this something that God wants us to do? Are we on the right path? Because we wanted to do the right thing and we believed that God was leading us to do it,” explained Duka.

“There were definitely difficult moments. Litigation is a long and dragged out process … we were doing a lot of waiting and there are times when I wondered: Did I do the right thing? Is God still with me in this?”

Joanna - Duka - Co-owner - Brush - Nib

Joanna Duka, co-owner of the Brush & Nib Studio of Phoenix, Arizona, giving remarks at the Values Voters Summit in Washington, D.C. as part of a panel on religious liberty on Friday, Oct. 11, 2019.

Duka said she and her business partner experienced spiritual growth during the litigation process, mainly because “we do believe that we were standing for what’s right and that God took care of the details.”

Outcome

“Even if the outcome had not been what we wanted, we would still trust that, but obviously that’s the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!