HHS Secretary Calls Trump Most Pro-Life President Ever

The Daily Signal | 10/11/2019 | Staff
MysticHeartMysticHeart (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/Azar-ProLife.jpg

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar called President Donald Trump the most pro-life president in U.S. history Friday as he noted the accomplishments of his department and the administration.

“When I think about the very core of our mission, and why I am so proud to do the work we are doing, it’s pretty simple. The department I get to run is really the department of life,” Azar said in remarks at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, adding:

Today - HHS - Team - Life - Stages

I’m so proud to say that because it has never been more true than today. HHS and its team have never fought more fiercely to protect life at all stages, from conception to natural death. That is thanks above all to the work, the leadership, and the courage of President Trump, the most pro-life president in American history.

The secretary talked about actions taken by states that violated the conscience rights of pro-life individuals and organizations.

August - Department - Health - Human - Services

In August, the Department of Health and Human Services launched an investigation into the University of Vermont Medical Center after a nurse’s complaint that she was forced to assist in an abortion.

“We recently issued a notice of violation to a major hospital [that] violated conscience law by requiring a nurse to assist in an abortion,” Azar said of the case. “Forcing medical staff to assist in taking human life is wrong, plain and simple. Under President Trump, we will not tolerate it.”

Hawaii - California - Conscience - Laws - Organizations

Hawaii and California violated federal conscience laws by trying to force pro-life organizations to make abortion referrals, the secretary told the crowd.

“We also took major actions against Hawaii and California to protect the conscience rights of pro-life pregnancy centers when state laws coerced these centers into posting notices that referred women to abortion providers,” Azar said. “We issued an unprecedented notice of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!