A photographer captures powerful portraits of World War II veterans to honor their stories

Business Insider | 10/11/2019 | Darcy Schild
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://image.businessinsider.com/5da0b017e94e862da71f0080?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Of the 16 million Americans who served in World War II, fewer than 400,000 are predicted to be alive by the end of 2019, and the number is dwindling quickly.

Alabama-based photographer Jeffrey Rease is doing his part to document the lives and stories of World War II veterans.

Rease - Portraits - Veterans - Insider - War

Rease has taken portraits of 63 veterans so far, and he told Insider that it's surreal to hear them recount their war experiences.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

World - War - II - Veterans - Day

With about 350 American World War II veterans dying each day, one photographer is doing his part to capture and document the lives and stories of those who served.

Since the summer, Jeffrey Rease, a graphic designer and photographer from Birmingham, Alabama, has taken captivating portraits of 63 World War II veterans (and counting) as part of his photo series, "Portraits of Honor."

Kinds - Portraits - People - Men - Women

"Even though I'm not the only one taking these kinds of portraits, I hope people will get to know about these particular men and women that I've photographed and just learn a little more about them, other than just knowing that they're a veteran living in a VA home, but that they have truly amazing, heroic stories," Rease told Insider.

He started the project to combine his passion...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!