Kansas Middle School Student Charged With Felony Over Finger Gun

Conservative Firing Line | 10/11/2019 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://conservativefiringline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/westridgefingergun.jpg

Click For Photo: https://conservativefiringline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/westridgefingergun-1200x630.jpg

The incident began at Westridge Middle School in Kansas, which is in the Shawnee Mission School District. Reportedly, another student asked her, “If you could kill five people, who would it be?” She pointed her finger at 4 students then back at herself.

She was sent to the principal’s office, and the School Resource officer recommended she be arrested. At that point she was placed in handcuffs and hauled off to the police department. They did speak to the other students, but only one Kansas Middle School student was arrested. The student was later released to her mother. But the charge could follow her the rest of her life. She faces up to a year in a Juvenile Detention Center.

Students - School - District - Gun - School

Recently, two other students in the same school district were arrested for actually bringing a gun to school. But since they’d never done it before, and did not appear to have intent, they were only charged with misdemeanors. According to the prosecutor, actually bringing a gun to school has to happen twice for it to be a felony, according to Kansas law.

Threatening, on the other hand, is different, according to the District Attorney.

ME - THIS - STRAIGHT - BRINGING - GUN

SO, LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: BRINGING A GUN ON CAMPUS IS A MISDEMEANOR? BUT THREATENING SOMEONE WITH FEW HALF-COCKED FINGERS IS A FELONY WITH POTENTIALLY LIFE-ALTERING CONSEQUENCES?

DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE? IT SURE SEEMS LIKE SCHOOL AND LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS DID.

JOHNSON - COUNTY - DISTRICT - ATTORNEY - STEVE

JOHNSON COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY STEVE HOWE SAID HE COULD NOT COMMENT ON THE SPECIFICS OF ANY...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Firing Line
Wake Up To Breaking News!