Chris Cuomo is forced to apologize after joking about using female pronouns at LGBTQ town hall event

Mail Online | 10/11/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com;Reuters
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/11/06/19573168-0-image-a-50_1570771689161.jpg

Chris Cuomo was forced to apologize Thursday evening after joking about using female pronouns at an LGBTQ town hall event with Kamala Harris.

The Democratic presidential candidate joined the CNN host on the stage at the televised Los Angeles event, telling him: 'My pronouns are she/her/hers.'

Cuomo - Pause - Harris - 'Alright

Cuomo quickly replied: 'Mine too.' After a brief pause Harris responded: 'Alright.'

The comment quickly drew criticism online, with the presidential forum dedicated to LGBTQ issues.

Cuomo - Apology - Twitter - Followers - Ally

And Cuomo issued an apology on Twitter saying he should 'not have' said it, telling followers he is 'an ally of the LGBTQ community'.

He wrote: 'PLEASE READ: When Sen. Harris said her pronouns were she her and her's, I said mine too. I should not have. I apologize.

Ally - LGBTQ - Community - Equality - Thank

'I am an ally of the LGBTQ community, and I am sorry because I am committed to helping us achieve equality. Thank you for watching our townhall.'

The event was the second major presidential forum dedicated to LGBTQ issues during the Democratic nominating campaign, following an event in Iowa last month that drew 10 of the 19 candidates vying to take on President Donald Trump in the November 2020 election.

Cuomo - Comment - Viewers - Reaction - 'uncool

Following Cuomo's comment, viewers were quick to blast his reaction, calling it 'not okay' and 'uncool'.

The National Center for **** Rights wrote: 'Dear @ChrisCuomo, people's pronouns are not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...