27 former employees share wild stories about how they quit their jobs

Business Insider | 10/9/2019 | Áine Cain, Erin McDowell
smnth28smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://image.businessinsider.com/56c376246e97c623048b77d1?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

This former resort employee told their boss that he was a "short, fat, balding, loser."

"Luckily I was able to get the theatrics out of my system before I started my professional career. I was young and working as a bartender at a resort in Montauk, New York (a small summer beach town in the Hamptons, for those unfamiliar).

Resort - Multiple - Pools - Spas - Restaurants

"The resort was beautiful — multiple pools, spas, restaurants, dock slips (it was on the harbor) — so it attracted a very interesting and affluent crowd. Unfortunately, I got stuck working the indoor bar every night from noon to close (roughly 4:30 a.m.) that got very little traffic (so no tips).

"I was living for a short time in what could best be described as tenement-style housing provided by the resort at the cost of a monthly $700 deduction from my paycheck. I was essentially netting around $100 a month, which is not sustainable for living in the Hamptons for a summer.

Top - Management - Bartender - Bar - Staff

"On top of all this, management was terrible. I was the only bartender at the indoor bar. Instead of hiring more staff, my manager decided to take it all out on me, calling me inept, an idiot, yada, yada, yada. Nothing constructive and nothing was done to improve the situation.

"Luckily, my friend moved out for the summer and let...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?