Brie Larson Says Marvel Stars Are ‘Passionate’ About All-Women Movie, but Standalones Might Be Safer Bet

IndieWire | 10/9/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/avengers-endgame-women-1563365565.jpg

Twenty movies into its box office domination world tour, there’s still one thing that the Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn’t have: an all-female team-up movie. While MCU stars like Tessa Thompson, Brie Larson, and Zoe Saldana have been vocal about pitching Marvel head Kevin Feige on the concept, the billion-dollar franchise has yet to capitalize on the idea, though upcoming additions to its slate have hinted at a more female-focused lineup to come. Still, Larson and company aren’t giving up on their dream, and Captain Marvel herself remains enthused about the possibility of bringing the franchise’s female heroes together in their own feature.

During a recent interview with Variety, Larson was asked if she and her Marvel co-stars have engaged in talks with Feige about finally making that all-women Marvel movie. “I will say that a lot of the female cast members from Marvel walked up to Kevin and we were like, ‘We are in this together, we want to do this,’” Larson told Variety. “What that means, I have no idea. You know, I’m not in charge of the future of Marvel, but it is something that we’re really passionate about and we love and I feel like if enough people out in the world talk about how much they want it, maybe it’ll happen.”

Florence - Pugh - 'Little - Women

Florence Pugh on 'Little Women'

Last year, Thompson explained that Marvel seemed pretty high on the idea. “I think Kevin Feige is really excited by the idea,” she said, “and if you look at what’s happened already in Phase 4 with me and Valkyrie and our story, and then in ‘Black Panther,’ the women rule supreme. There’s an interest in having women at the forefront of this phase. I feel like it’s hopeful.”

Studio - Black - Panther - Feige

As the studio prepared to release “Black Panther” in 2018, Feige continued to hint at a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.