Susan Rice says her mom 'smelled a rat' when she went on TV for Hillary Clinton after Benghazi

Mail Online | 10/8/2019 | Daniel Bates For Dailymail.com
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/08/13/19442256-0-image-a-11_1570539237376.jpg

Susan Rice has revealed how the political firestorm sparked by the 2012 Benghazi scandal took a toll on her and her family - and even caused her nine-year-old daughter to have hallucinations.

The former US ambassador to the United Nations under President Obama says her youngest child Maris was so traumatized by the public backlash that she began to see 'men coming out of walls.'

Mother - Cancer - Surgeries - Stroke - Time

And her mother, who was recovering from cancer surgeries and a stroke at the time, was 'losing her mind' through rage and anxiety.

In her new memoir, Tough Love: My Story of the Things Worth Fighting For, released on Tuesday, Rice said watching her family suffer 'brought me crashing down to Earth.'

Race - Gender

She also says she believed she was harshly criticized due to her race and gender.

'The combination — being a confident black woman who is not seeking permission or affirmation from others - I now suspect accounts for why I inadvertently intimidate some people, especially certain men, and perhaps also why I have long inspired motivated detractors who simply can't deal with me,' she writes.

Rice - Face - Scandal - Cameras - Wake

Rice became the public face of the scandal when she infamously fronted cameras in the wake of the incident and claimed it was a spontaneous attack.

The controversy ultimately derailed her chance of succeeding Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State and turned her into a hate figure for the right.

Americans - Attack - US - Embassy - Benghazi

Four Americans died in the attack on the US embassy in Benghazi, Libya, in September 2012 including ambassador Chris Stevens, the first American ambassador to die on the job since 1979.

The scandal sparked ten investigations including one by the FBI and one from the House Select Committee on Benghazi in front of which Clinton testified for 11 hours.

Days - Tragedy - Rice - Round - Sunday

Days after the tragedy, Rice was asked to do a round of Sunday...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.