Harvey Proctor storms out of fractious interview with BBC's Naga Munchetty

Mail Online | 10/5/2019 | Henry Martin For Mailonline
kshama-s (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/05/12/19331646-0-image-a-16_1570276671591.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/05/3656556638466456136/1024x576_MP4_3656556638466456136.mp4

Harvey Proctor walked out of an interview with BBC presenter Naga Munchetty following a heated exchange over a VIP sex probe based on the false claims of fantasist Carl Beech.

The ex-Tory MP, who has led calls for Met Police chiefs to face justice for the failures of Scotland Yard's probe into a non-existent Westminster paedophile ring, spoke via video-link on BBC Breakfast on Saturday morning.

Mr - Proctor - Figures - Beech - Years

Mr Proctor was one of several high-profile figures named by Beech, 51, who was later jailed for 18 years for making false allegations.

Today's interview began with Mr Proctor describing how it felt to be falsely accused and caught up in the Metropolitan Police's disastrous investigation - before abruptly ended the conversation as he claimed he was being prevented from speaking.

Job - Home - Repute - Result - Fantasist

He said: 'What happened to me was that I lost my job, my home and my repute as a result of a fantasist who were believed by the Metropolitan Police.'

Mr Proctor has called for Labour deputy leader Tom Watson to be sacked after he refused to apologise for his role in the bungled paedophile ring probe.

MP - Metropolitan - Police - Commissioner - Cressida

As the former MP went on to criticise the Metropolitan Police and its commissioner Cressida Dick, Ms Munchetty, who was recently embroiled in a row about comments she made about Donald Trump, attempted to read out part of a statement by the force.

'I do need to give some right of reply here,' she said.

Mr - Proctor - Criticism - Independent - Office

Mr Proctor voiced further criticism of the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) and the BBC's coverage of the botched police investigation that was based on false claims by Carl Beech.

Earlier this week Mr Proctor had written a commentary in the Telegraph claiming that, having overseen Surrey Police's 'mishandled inquiry' into Jimmy Saville, the Met’s Deputy Assistant Commissioner Steve Rodhouse 'sought to use...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!