Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe sends her daughter back to UK after three years of prison visits in Iran

Mail Online | 6/22/2013 | Jake Hurfurt For The Daily Mail
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/04/01/19278902-0-image-a-166_1570150380967.jpg

The young daughter of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe will return to Britain by Christmas to start school in London.

Gabriella Zaghari-Ratcliffe, five, has visited her mother in an Iranian prison once a week for the past three years.

Mrs - Zaghari-Ratcliffe - Tehran - Accusations - Spy

Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe, 41, has been held by Tehran since 2016 over false accusations she was working as a spy.

Gabriella has been staying with her mother's family in Iran since Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe was arrested at the capital's airport when her daughter was 22 months old.

Family - Gabriella - London - Order - Life

However her family have now decided that Gabriella should return to London in order to build a life in the UK, it was reported last night.

Last month Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe was taken in chains to a psychiatric hospital but was returned to Evin prison cell a week later.

Visits - Daughter - Phone - Calls - Husband

Since then she has not been allowed visits from her daughter or phone calls to her husband Richard, who campaigns for her release in London.

The British-Iranian mother-of-one is serving a five-year sentence but there are concerns she is being used as a bargaining chip in a decades-old row over a £400 million arms debt owed by the British Government.

Letter - Mrs - Zaghari-Ratcliffe - Jail - Release

In a moving open letter sent by Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe, that had to be smuggled out of her jail, she pleaded for her release.

She wrote: 'In the near future, my baby will leave me to go to her father and start school in the UK.

'It - Daunting - Trip - Travelling

'It will be a daunting trip for her travelling, and for me left behind.

'And the authorities who hold me will watch on, unmoved at the injustice of separation.

Day - School

'That first day of school not for me.'

Mr Zaghari-Ratcliffe said his wife was giving up...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!